Providing you with personal insurance for your home.

How we serve you is as important as what we provide.

Home Insurance 1


Condominium insurance provides coverage for your unit where your condominium association insurance stops. Your association typically insures the building and other common areas. You are responsible for the interior of your unit. Typically you need personal property and liability coverage in addition to coverage for your floors, walls, cabinets, and fixtures that your association’s insurance probably will not cover. Every association’s insurance policy is different regarding what each unit owner is responsible for, so it is important to review your association policy and condominium by-laws carefully.
Home Insurance 2



Most standard homeowners, mobile homeowners, condominiums, and renters insurance policies do not cover earthquake damage. Similar to flood insurance, earthquake insurance usually must be purchased separately.

Many people assume their residential insurance policy fully protects them, but if you look at a typical policy, you will see it does not cover earthquake loss. In addition, government disaster-relief programs are extremely limited—they are designed to help you get partly back on your feet, but not to replace your home and everything you lose. So if an earthquake strikes tomorrow, will you have the financial resources to pay for earthquake damage to your home and its contents?

Home Insurance 3



Did you know that your homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage? Insurance against flood must be obtained separately. A flood insurance policy also reimburses you for the work that you and other family members did to sandbag your homes, move furniture and remove debris.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) maps are important when it comes to flood insurance because if they show that your home sits in a 100-year flood plain, you must buy federal flood insurance in order to get a mortgage. If you live outside a high-risk zone, or if you no longer have a mortgage, flood insurance is optional.

Home Insurance 4


If you have tangible assets, you need the protection of a homeowners insurance policy. These policies cover you in a home or an apartment, whether you are an owner or a renter. A well-written homeowners policy will pay to replace any of your personal property that is destroyed in a fire or other disaster. The policy will also be your first line of defense against a lawsuit from someone injured at your home.

The cost of this coverage is determined by many rating factors. The quality of the coverage, however, is determined by the quality of the insurer and whether the policy is written on a named perils or all-risk basis. A named-perils policy covers only those losses specifically cited in the contract. The all-risk policy works the opposite way — unless a peril is specifically excluded, coverage is provided. The all-risk policy is broader and the burden of proof is on the carrier, not you, in the event of a loss.
Home Insurance 5

Mobile Home

Mobile home or manufactured home insurance not only covers your mobile home; it can also cover:
  • Detached structures on your property, such as a carport or garage
  • Your personal belongings
  • Living expenses if your home is seriously damaged by a covered loss
  • Injuries that might occur on your property (up to the limits you choose on your mobile home insurance policy)
Mobile homes, manufactured homes, and modular homes are all eligible for coverage under a mobile home insurance policy.
Home Insurance 6

Vacant Property

There are many reasons a home may become vacant or unoccupied. Some examples are the need for a quick move to take a job in another state, a divorce, an extended illness requiring a long hospitalization or rehab facility stay, etc. Most commonly it involves the death of the homeowner and a need for heirs, beneficiaries, or executors to take steps to ensure a home that is no longer owner-occupied. It usually does not occur to the average person that a vacant home is a significant insurance event for homeowners insurance. Coverage will quickly be cancelled or dramatically reduced in coverage level when a home is no longer owner-occupied.

While a home might be “in a good neighborhood,” or “looked after” by a neighbor, friend, or family member, not having the owner present at a residence can and often does result in a significant damage claim at the property. The chance of loss is so dramatically increased, a special type of insurance is required for a vacant property.

Only a handful of specialty insurance companies will underwrite these types of policies and even then significant restrictions on coverage will apply. We have a portfolio of companies that can place coverage, up to and including Underwriters at Lloyds of London.
Home Insurance 7

Rental Property

If you own a rental or investment property, you should make sure that you carry adequate rental property insurance coverage. Accidents may occur and ultimately cause damage to your investment property. If you do not have the necessary insurance, you will be responsible for the full financial cost.

Owning an investment property brings with it a large degree of liability. In addition to the building itself, you may be responsible for injuries received by others while they are on your property. You could also be held responsible for damage to their belongings.

Types of Properties Include:
  • Commercial Property
  • Vacant Property & Land
  • Rental Home
  • Commercial Investment
  • Residential Investment
Home Insurance 8


If you live in a rented house or an apartment, renters insurance provides important coverage for both you and your possessions.

In case your house or apartment is broken into, destroyed by a fire, or perhaps a friend gets injured at your home, renters insurance provides financial protection for you and your family. It pays for the repair and replacement of lost items as well as any liability issues you may be responsible for.

A renters insurance policy from The Polesky Insurance Agency can provide you with coverage for your personal items and personal liability to protect you from the unexpected.